Sometimes you see an idea that is so fun you just have to recreate it. And it's a bonus if this idea boarders on reliving your college jungle juice days.....ok it doesn't boarder on it, it dives right into a frat party head first.
The Watermelon Juice Dispenser is case in point. I didn't come up with this idea (you can do a search and see other variation on this) but with the help of eager friends we carved this one up and it became the hit of the party.
It's actually fairly simple. Cleaning out the watermelon and turning it into juice might be the most difficult, not to mention messy, part.
A quick hole at the bottom of the belly, screw in a faucet or whatever dispenser you are using, pour in your juice and voila. Cocktail Keg. Drink Dispenser.
Below you'll find the basics to create this nifty beverage dispenser and then I list three watermelon punch recipes you can play with. For extra fun, I carved a little face in my watermelon. Put some fun in your next party with a handmade Fat and Happy Cocktail Dispenser.
After pureeing 4 cups of watermelon chunks, strain. Stir in your fruit-flavored liqueur, gin and sour mix. Chill. Add sparkling rosé before serving. Garnish with lime slice and enjoy!
- See more at: http://www.kegworks.com/blog/2009/07/07/watermelon-cocktail-keg-as-seen-in-food-network-magazine/#sthash.G3GmKUd1.dpu
Watermelon Beverage Dispenser
Jungle Juice Jug
1. Prepare the Watermelon: cut a lid on the top of the watermelon and scoop out the insides, leaving a clean wall.
2. Drill a small hole near the bottom of the watermelon belly. Make the hole just smaller than faucet or shank dispenser.
3. Screw in the faucet. Carve a face if desired.
4. Pour in the juice and let the party start.